Secret ballots (The nature of anarchism etc.)

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 2 16:03:39 PDT 2002

>What experience makes you think your boss would have better things to do?
>My only experience with a semi non-secret ballot was during my time in the
>military.

I started out by saying that I would fight to the death to preserve the secret ballot, so I think this is sort of a nonissue. But I doubt that my boss would drive out to Evanston to see how I voted, assuming that he could time his arrival to coincide with mine. In any event, lots of people--not everyone to bes ure--wear their politics on their sleeve, It can hurt you. It did me in academia--not because of how I voted but because I what I said and did. So I am hardly insensitive to the concern. I jsut think there are even more fundamental reasons to supporta secret ballot.

jks