California: Where Democrats Can be Democrats

billbartlett at dodo.com.au billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Fri Oct 4 23:32:09 PDT 2002

Nathan Newman wrote:

>Posted bits of this before, but here's the fuller list of what
>Democratic control of a state means-- NN
>
>California: Where Democrats Can Be Democrats
>
>By Nathan Newman
>
>Progressive Populist November 1, 2002

It sounds like Californa is a relatively progressive police state, as police states go. But I don't think I'd feel safe living in a jurisdiction that has abolished the presumption of innocence, permitting the police to imprison people without trial.

Which party was responsible for that anyhow? Not that it matters, if as you say the Democrats have full control of the legislature they could have changed the law back.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20021004/3cfccf89/attachment.htm>