FUCk COMPUTERS

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Fri Oct 4 07:10:53 PDT 2002

First, I want to apologize for blank messages sent to this list. This is due to that fucking piece of shit concocted by moron programmers at micro$soft called outlook. Setting filters on that piece mental pollution oozed by M$ borders on impossiblity. This was a piece of cake on Eudora, which I used until recently, but the halfwits at M$ fucked it up royally. The outlook "rules" (what a fascist term for a filter!) either do not work at all, or do things they are not supposed to (just like the corporate amerika and its government) - ie. send the outgoing messages to the same folders is incoming messages (thus if I have a filter directing messages FROM lbo to the lbo directory, my posts TO lbo would also go the same filter). That is the most idiotic thing I've seen for a long time and I have been trying to get rid of this bug. Unfortunately, nobody at this institutiona has a fucking idea how to fix it. What is more, outlook is the only emailer that is realtively stable on my system. Eudora crashes all the time and the presence of pop up windows killer software makes it even less stable - so I had to remove it.

Does any one on this list know how perform the following simple task on outlook:

- set filters so they direct INCOMING traffic to appropriate directories WITHOUT affecting the outgoing traffic?

Alternatively, does anyone know about an emailer that is SIMPLE and STABLE - no bells and whitsles trying to do everything but a blow job - just sending and receiving plain text messages, attachemnets, and being able to sort them to appropriate folders? Unfortunately, tech support at this institution will not install anything but M$-spawned crap, so I am on my own.

FUCK COMPUTERS. This thing gets on my nerves more than anything else being ranted about on this list, so I would appreciate any help.

wojtek