Left wing blogs

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Fri Oct 4 15:13:28 PDT 2002

I've encountered some libertarians whose notion of the government's role stops at establishing the legal basis for open source/free software. Aside from that, they want to be left alone.

We should also note that the war is causing libertarians to morph into raving advocates of the national security state and U.S. imperialism in general. They only dislike the non-'security' parts of the Gov.

One example is a guy named Eric Raymond, prominent among OS/FS types and just itching for a U.S. onslaught on the entire Middle East. He's also got one of the more prominent blogs. (http://armedndangerous.blogspot.com/ -- I don't recommend it.)

mbs

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 05:11:18PM -0400, Chuck0 wrote:
> Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:
>
> We should also keep in mind that the open source/free
> software is pretty much dominated by techies with a left libertarian bent.

This isn't even remotely true. Richard Stallman identifies as a left libertarian, but "open source/free software" is not "dominated" by left-libertarian leaning people.

Best, Kendall Clark