Post Formatting Re: Chickenhawks - Hall of Shame (flash video)

JCWisc at aol.com JCWisc at aol.com
Sat Oct 5 09:46:48 PDT 2002

In a message dated 10/04/2002 5:40:52 PM Central Daylight Time, dhenwood at panix.com writes:

> I think AOL makes it hard or impossible to send text messages. Is
> this true? Is this one more reason why AOL sucks?
>
> Doug

Yes, one more reason why AOL sucks. Versions of AOL 6.0 and later don't let you toggle between text and html. I use version 5.0, which does send text only. Lots of AOL users (including me) have squawked about this to the company, but to no avail. I don't know if they've fixed this in the forthcoming version 8.0. AOL users may want to consider installing version 5.0, and using it to participate in e-mail lists. This should get rid of the problem of posts appearing as text, followed by the same text larded with html tags. If you installed AOL from a CD, earlier versions should be on the CD. Or you can download it.

A couple weeks ago, I was planning to bag AOL, but my elderly relatives who freeload on my account objected. They find it "easy to use," as indeed it is for the less computer-savvy. One point in its favor, perhaps the only point.

Jacob Conrad