A Henry Miller Moment [and, sort of, blogging]

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sun Oct 6 10:43:36 PDT 2002

Who has "less banal content" -- your hero Milosevic?

DP http://www.time.com/time/asia/asia/magazine/1998/981214/milestones.html Poet's Corner

NEXT: HITLER'S HAIKUS Looking for something for that hard-to-please war criminal on your list? A new collection of ethnic-cleanser Radovan Karadzic's poetry is coming out soon. For now, it's available only in Greece, but here's a taste of his work, from his 1970 poem Sarajevo.

I hear that misfortune truly marches like an insect And when time nears Crushed will be the insect, like the singer Crushed by silence transforming him to sound I know that all this foretells mourning What is being prepared in the garage by that black metal?

Reported by Anthee Carassava/Athens