top 10 places to live in US for lesbians

Catherine Driscoll catherine.driscoll at adelaide.edu.au
Tue Oct 8 07:16:21 PDT 2002

Well if train stations don't count, and I doubt that's the kind of residential area or lifestyle they're considering, I've only been to one of these. I can't see myself wanting to move to Ithaca any time soon... (what do you reckon, Kelley?)

But what are their criteria anyway? I can't find it on the site. When places have been recommended to me as 'lesbian-friendly' in Australia that seems to mean housing with gardens, renovation stores, extra child-care centres, vegan takeaway, pubs without smoking but probably with poetry reading, and maybe public transport to girl bars which are generally frequented by people who live in other places. And yeah I suppose some of that is true of Ithaca.

Looking at their site, though, I don't know what is less desirable -- all lesbian cruises or personal advice from pat califia. Scary all round.

Perhaps I'm becoming bitter.

Catherine

----- Original Message ----- From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> Date: Tuesday, October 8, 2002 8:56 am Subject: top 10 places to live in US for lesbians