Baraka, pt. 2

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Tue Oct 8 11:18:24 PDT 2002

http://www.tnr.com/doc.mhtml?i=20020429&s=driver042902&c=1

From the poems of a former leading figure in the League of Revolutionary

Struggle, who once tried to recruit a red-diaper baby friend of mine from college, Amiri Baraka aka Le Roi Jones.He did recruit another friend of mine who later wrote this book, "Phantom Communities: The Simulacrum and the Limits of Postmodernism (Stanford University Press, 1998). Scott told mer once that even socioal democrats should get pit bulls for protection.

...We want poems like fists beating n-words out of Jocks or dagger poems in the slimy bellies of the owner-jews...

...Roywilkins is an eternal faggot His spirit is a faggot his projection and image, this is to say, that if i ever see roywilkins on the sidewalks imonna stick half my sandal up his ass

...Smile, jew. Dance, jew. Tell me you

love me, jew. I got something for you now though. I got

something for you, like you dig, I got. I got this thing, goes pulsating

through black everything universal meaning. I got the

extermination blues, jewboys. I got the hitler syndrome figured.

Ferom the TNR review by Jerry Gafio Watts, "More than for any single work or movement, though, Baraka is remembered for his inexhaustible and unmatched passion for berating Whitey. When Michael Schwerner and Andrew Goodman were

killed along with James Chaney in Mississippi, Jones remarked that "those white boys were only seeking to assuage their own leaking consciences." By contrast, Malcolm X--not exactly a racial moderate--observed about the murders that "I've come to the conclusion that anyone who will fight not for us but with us is my brother." When a white college student tracked Malcolm down in Harlem and asked what she could do to help blacks, he answered, "Nothing"; but this harsh (and wildly untrue) comment pales in contrast to Baraka's suggestion: "A woman asked me in all earnestness, couldn't any whites help? I said, 'You can help by dying. You are a cancer. You can help the world's people with your death.'"

For a leftist counterpoint to this garbage see, "Jack Salzman and Cornel

West, Struggles In The Promised Land."

[PDF] Blacks and Jews/ Felman / 1 File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML ... Blacks and Jews/ Felman / 4 5. Elly Bulkin, Minnie ... on Anti-Semitism and Racism 6. Jack Salzman and Cornel West, Struggles In The Promised Land: Toward A ... www.brandeis.edu/ethics/brandeis_courses/courses/wmns185a/wmns_185a.pdf

Berman: discord between America's blacks and America's Jews ... AND THE ALMOST THE SAME by Paul Berman. ... years of perceived discord between America's blacks and America's Jews. What is the argument between ... www.english.upenn.edu/~afilreis/Holocaust/jews-blacks-berman.html

An Insider On Both Ends ... a disenfranchised people. His speech, an earlier version of Paul Berman's just- published anthology "Blacks and Jews," drew a mixed response from the crowd of ... www.sistahspace.com/jewish/bothends.htm

In the Name of Humanity; Alain Finkielkraut Translated by Judith ... ... Alain Finkielkraut's books include The Defeat of the Mind, The Imaginary Jew http://www.susqu.edu/jewish_studies/, and Remembering in Vain: The Klaus Barbie Trial and Crimes Against Humanity. ... www.columbia.edu/cu/cup/catalog/data/023111/0231110200.HTM - 9k - Cached - Similar pages

Michael Pugliese