Labor Party (was: Bush Threatens Veto...)

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Wed Oct 9 09:57:36 PDT 2002

Yoshie writes:
>Had the Labor Party acted more quickly and aggressively while the US
>economy was still in the middle of the boom, we might be facing a
>different political landscape today, but it's too late to mourn the
>missed opportunity.

Interesting theory. Are you a member?

>Whether we like it or not, we are in for hard
>times, perhaps even a hard landing. It's time for the Labor Party to
>reassess its strategy, confronting the reality of the empire, or else
>it will not have any political future.

I have my own views on what the LP could do differently, of course, but wouldn't agree that the main obstacle to success of the Labor Party is a failure to "confront the reality of the empire," whatever that might involve.

Plenty of parties seem to do that full-time, without the glorious success you or I might expect.

Jenny Brown