Corn fed empire

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Wed Oct 9 10:44:30 PDT 2002

At 09:23 PM 10/08/2002 -0400, chris wrote:

>Now that is some serious rhetorical overkill!

with respect to:

>Americans will never be slim and wholesome unless they manage to pull off a
>feat beyond a mere "regime change" here: the overthrow of the capitalist
>world empire

It totally cracked me up when I read it. It reminded me of this Trotskyist paper (that I used to sell door-to-door twenty years ago), which concluded EVERY article it ever printed with the above paragraph. Of course, fat wasn't always the problem....but whatever the problem was, "it would never be resolved until capitalism was overthrown." I objected again and again against this formulaic writing -- not to mention the rest of the formulaic writing which infected the paper -- but was simply dismissed as a bourgie.

Joanna