Bush War on Labor: ILWU Injunctions and Links for Action and Legal Background

Brian O. Sheppard x349393 bsheppard at bari.iww.org
Wed Oct 9 16:41:38 PDT 2002

The injunction, which the PMA desired greatly, is in effect a "lock in." The workers can engage in NO on-the-job dissidence whatsoever, as Michael stated. Left their own devices the PMA could not beat the ILWU. Thus their repeated attempts to inflame the situation to draw govt mediators into the picture, to do whatever they can to avoid giving the ILWU a contract, which is part of a long term goal to simply break the union. The Bush injunction is NOT to the ILWU's long term benefit. It is what management wanted.

Brian

--

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Buying books would be a good thing if one could also buy the time to read them in: but as a rule the purchase of books is mistaken for the appropriation of their contents." - Arthur Schopenhauer