LBO indicator

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Thu Oct 10 09:45:11 PDT 2002

So, Doug, any calls yet?

Gotta love the headline in the "Companies and Markets" section of the Financial Times: "Investors hope the great bear will not return -- Parallels with the 1973-74 crisis can be over-emphasised." Quite a retrenchment in tone from 10 months ago.

I think you calculated at the last stock market a few months back that we were within a whisker of 73-74 loss in percentage terms. So we must have surpassed it now, yes?

One parallel I was curious about offhand -- was there a big growth in popular participation in the stock market before 73-74? And did it tail off for a while thereafter?

Michael