abortion

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Thu Oct 10 10:26:51 PDT 2002

> Dennis Perrin wrote:
>
> >Wow -- a new hotbed for NOW and NARAL! Seven abortions per lifetime? Hot
> >damn!
>
> Dennis, that's exceedingly unfair. No abortion rights supporter wants
> to encourage abortions as a substitute for contraception. You sound
> like Cockburn going on about "fetus killing."
>
> Doug

Now, now Doug -- call me anything you like, racist, sexist, imperialist, an ill-mannered irredeemable red baiter, but please don't compare me to what's-his-name (he used to write, I think). Talk about unfair.

NOW and NARAL have, in recent years, reduced their public appeals to scares about back-alley abortions. I can see it more in NARAL's case, seeing how it centers exclusively on reproductive rights, but in NOW's case it's become shrill and repetitive.

Oh, by the way, though I am pro-choice, I am anti-abortion. A living thing _is_ snuffed out. And that stat from Russia is quite disturbing if true.

DP