Demonstration to Stop the WAR (Fri., Oct. 11)

Todd Archer todda39 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 10 13:24:36 PDT 2002

Wojtek said:

>Part of the wisdom is knowing when to let go, and stop banging your >head
>against the wall. The time is not right.

Sez who?

>The only time the >people in this country will publicly protest >against a
>war is when >their sons will start coming home in body bags >in large
>numbers and >the fragging will sufficiently cripple the >Army's capacity to
>fight. >Save you energy when such time will(hopefully) come, if it comes.
> >But for >now, if "our" side is >loosing - let's at least accept that
> >with >dignity.

Nah. How about the biggest, nastiest, loudest, smelliest raspberry "the left" can muster? Even if we lose, we go out finger in the air, even if that's all that's left.

>The god forsakes Antony

>(Constantine Cavafy, The complete poems of Cavafy, translated by Rae
>Dalven).

>Wojtek

Hey, I can quote poetry too! I found this one on the cover page of ( I think it was) the novel, "The Stone Angel": Go not gently into that good night; rage, rage against the dying of the light." Cool, huh?

Todd

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx