Fwd: Connie Chung: Skeptical of Skepticism

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Thu Oct 10 19:36:07 PDT 2002

Mike is politically astute. He drew on a fairly liberal base when he ran in Chico for state senate. He was not expected to win but the Repug. got mucked in controversy about his pesticide connections. Then he shifted to another district. When he ran for congress, the Repug. rather than loose opted to run against Barb. Boxer, but lost in the primary.

Mike's district includes the prime dope growing areas of Cal. plus conservative republican territory. Dan Hamburg represented the district. He has positioned himself as a blue dog.

He is a Vietnam vet, wounded paratrooper. I was surprised that he went to Iraq.

He was supposed to be a rising start among the young dems. I don't know what will happen now. I think it depends on how junior's adventure turns out.

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu