abortion

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Thu Oct 10 22:24:12 PDT 2002

Dennis Perrin responds:

> > Since you think it morally wrong to "snuff out" a "living thing,"
>> I have to wonder what your diet consists of, besides air and
>> (sterilized) water.
>>
>> Shane Mage
>
>Are you a vegan?

No

>Do you equate [an] insect larva with a developing human child?

Both, in equal measure, are "living things." It is you who proclaimed the immorality of "snuffing out" a "living thing." If you hold that it is OK to "snuff out" a "developing chicken child" and enjoy omelettes, but think it immoral for a woman to "snuff out" an unwanted embryo inside her body, it is up to you to make out that case--and in the process, perhaps, persuade Orthodox Jews that it ain't kosher to put cheese in their omelettes.

Shane Mage

"immortals mortals, mortals immortals, living their deaths, dying their lives"

Herakleitos of Ephesos, fr. 62