abortion

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Oct 11 05:24:46 PDT 2002

Gordon Fitch wrote:

> Regardless of its status, the fetus can be construed as an
> unwanted invader of another's body over which it has no rights.
> This position actually reflects the idea that the carrier of
> the fetus _has_ rights, so it may be a shocking approach.

This is correct.

I think for a coherent mass progressive movement with staying power leftists must not only support the right to abortion, they must campaign against putting moral pressure on women. Abortion is no more a moral issue than is vaccination or an appendectomy. Until the woman decides otherwise the fetus is a parasite.

Carrol