Leftists Embrace the Bush Doctrine

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 11 06:29:33 PDT 2002

What I meant was the fact
>that the pace of extermination increased considerably in both Kosovo and
>Germany can't convincingly be employed in anti-intervention arguments in
>either case. You might ask why. Simple answer: even though the rate of
>slaughter increased for a time, the ultimate number of victims was almost
>certianly lessened by intervention in both cases.
>
>-- Luke

There is considerable doubt whether there would have been any massacres in Kosova if there had been no NATO intervention. Credible doubts have been raised about whether that caused the massacre, at least occasioned it. It's now established that contrary to the NATO story justifying the intervention, there was no large scale killing before the intervention. That makes the story a bit different from the Soviet/Nazi case, where, btw, it is bizarre to describe the Soviet defense against the Nazi invaders as as "intervention." If Iraq had invaded the US, killed millions of our citizens, devastated our neighbors, etc., and carried out massacres of its own people on a huge scale, it would be a different story. jks

jks