abortion

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Fri Oct 11 08:00:24 PDT 2002

As perhaps one of Yoshie's "illogical men on the left who consider fetuses to be babies," I would nevertheless suggest that she's forcing the logic of the matter a bit by saying those who hold that position must treat all abortions as first-degree murder. We make various judgments on the ending of human life, from self-defense to euthanasia. Rejecting the thoroughly untenable appendectomy/parasite view doesn't imply an immediate answer to the public policy question. --CGE