abortion

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Fri Oct 11 08:55:36 PDT 2002

> The same argument could be made against you; it's easy for you to morally
> condemn abortion , it's not like it'll every be your body at issue. I
think
> men who get into long arguments about abortion should refrain from taking
> the "your a man so that invalidates your opinion" approach to debate.

> Barry

Actually, it's not easy at all -- there are a lot of variables to consider in a pro-choice world. I'm still working through them, in fact. My take on what Luke said is based on what women I know who've had abortions said to me. Of course I won't directly experience an abortion. My main beef, if you will, is with the casual attitude taken by pro-abortionists, and the callous language ("parasites"). I shared the same mentality for years, and I suppose it's taken because it requires no real thought or moral reflection -- an easy stance supported by slogans and/or ideology.

DP