abortion

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Fri Oct 11 10:27:02 PDT 2002

Barry Deutsch:

> If you're too emotional to have a rational discussion, maybe you should
> refrain?

Yes, let's not get emotional about life and death questions -- we're progressives!

As Yoshie/Spock pointed out to me, if I were logical, meaning rational, I would be shooting abortion providers -- the logical end result of my medieval beliefs. So my emotion is, in an illogical way, saving lives.

> Now, you can go on all day with heart-tugging images ("developing body
> tossed in a trash can!"), and I can't match you in that regard. But no
> matter how many such images you come up with, it remains true that you
> haven't given any credible argument for why a fetus (or pre-fetus) has the
> same rights as a person, and the one argument you have given ("it may
> someday develop into a person, therefore it has the same rights as a
> person") is nonsense.

Believe what you want, man. I'll heed the Moderator's request and end my part of the thread here.

DP