"Workers are fed up"

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Fri Oct 11 12:54:19 PDT 2002

rickling at softhome.net wrote:
> Chuck0 writes:
>
>> A local activist recently approached me about organizing his
>> workplace. I had to refer him to the AFL-CIO because I knew that the
>> IWW didn't have the resources to help him out.
>

> His best bet would be to contact a local that's interested in organizing
> "hot shops." The AFL doesn't organize anyone because it's not a union,
> as opposed to a federation of unions. What kind of a business does your
> friend work for?
> mark

I'm hesitant to say where he works, even in a roundabout way, but he works in the transportation industry. It is a "hot shop" and is in a sensitive location. The problem is that most of the employees in his company ARE unionized, but the corporation is planning to layoff large amounts of people. He expects that the unionized workers will have first dibs on his lower level grunt job.

Chuck0

------------------------------------------------------------ Personal homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/

AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)