abortion

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Fri Oct 11 13:09:29 PDT 2002

At 10:38 PM 10/10/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>This "abortion is terrible, but choice is sacrosanct nonetheless" stuff is
>getting pretty tiresome. Women should be allowed the right to choose
>because an abortion doesn't differ in any morally significant manner from an
>appendectomy.
>
>- -- Luke

No. You're wrong. I can attest to the fact that being pregnant (or thinking you're pregnant) and contemplating an abortion is quite horrible. Potential life IS involved and one's connection/responsiblity IS involved. As I said, things being what they are, a woman should have the right to choose, but to say that it is a trivial choice is simply very far from what most women experience in that situation. Nor do I think this experience is simply culturally induced.

Joanna