interview questions?

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sat Oct 12 13:35:14 PDT 2002

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Two questions: 1) any suggestions on what I should ask them, and 2)
> any suggestions on another guest or two (another woman would be very
> nice)

Personally I'd love to hear from a real oil geostrategist. If Greg Novell has as good a shtick on this stuff as he used to have on the Caucausus long before it was popular, that would be tremendous.

Alternatively I suppose you could interview Cyrus Bina on why owning the oil doesn't actually do us any good. Unless he's changed his mind about that.

As for women, I notice that there is a conference being held at the University of Michigan today, where students representing 70 universities will discuss their unfolding strategy of divesting from Israel (including not only armament firms, but all firms). I'd be interested in hearing someone articulate defend this strategy and give a news and progress report. And young women who can do the job should be as easy to find as young men. (Also it's a twofer, because you also get young :o)

There's also one last interview I'd love to hear, although I realized it's not appropriate for a BAI fundraiser. I'd love to hear to what Edward Luttwak has to say about all this. I know that sounds perverse, but I figure it's a no-lose proposition for good radio. If he's for it, he can probably offer a more devilish and intriguing justification for it than anyone else. And if he's against it, I would expect his critique to be sharp even if it isn't leftist. My only puzzlement is that I haven't seen anything by him yet anywhere. It seems like the sort of topic he'd normally be drawn to as if by magnetism.

Michael