Demonstration to Stop the WAR (Fri., Oct. 11)

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Sun Oct 13 06:06:11 PDT 2002

Dennis Perrin:
> Well, then, comrades -- here's to a loooong, destructive, painful, bloody,
> costly war! Anything for the cause, eh?

Apparently that's the only thing which dissuades the imperially-minded from their sport. 20th-century Germany had to be ruined twice before the Germans, as a community, decided conquering the world wasn't such a good thing after all. Vietnam cooled out the U.S. for 15 or 20 years -- now they -- "we" -- are ready to go again. I'm definitely working on other ways to destroy imperialism and militarism, but so far, the long, destructive, painful, bloody and costly results of practicing them are 'way ahead of other methods. Any suggestions? Moral and aesthetic suasion don't seem to do a thing as far as the powerful are concerned.

-- Gordon