"Workers are fed up"

Dennis Robert Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Sun Oct 13 16:41:23 PDT 2002

On Sun, 13 Oct 2002 Dddddd0814 at aol.com wrote:

> I disagree with the "obvious" part of this assertion. What *is* obvious is
> that the AFL-CIO is a corrupt bureaucracy, representatives of the Democratic
> Party within labor rather than vice-versa.

Not obvious at all. The AFL-CIO is a coalition which has limited power, but the muscle is with the individual unions, and some of those unions are damn good at organizing/mobilization and getting better all the time. I'm utterly cynical about the US one-party-with-two-wings-state, but there are genuinely hopeful things happening with the union movement today. The insurrection against the Party of Wall Street starts with rebuilding the labor movement.

-- Dennis