from the nation

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Oct 14 18:55:14 PDT 2002

Heh, heh, heh. Great article Liza! I always like reading your reports on activism, since they are so honest.

I don't need to say anything about how happy I am that other people are making *public* criticisms of ANSWER. It makes it harder for them to dismiss criticisms by associating them with one person.

It would really be interesting if somebody wrote an analysis of this annoying tendency among some Leftists to shun intra-movement criticism at all costs. It's like, what are we supposed to do, march lockstep behind the first group that comes down the street? How is discussing our groups, tactics, and methodologies sectarian? When one of us outlines principled criticisms of how a group operates, why is that sectarian and not some name-calling directed at the black bloc?

Chuck0

Liza Featherstone wrote:
> Yeah, that's one thing I've never been called before.
>
> But really, LMP3's take is quite cheering. A revolution whose main obstacle
> is me seems almost certain to succeed!
>
> and good news for me: the less I do, the better for the revolution.
>
> off to go lie in the bathtub, then,
>
> Liza
>

>>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>>Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 20:05:26 -0400
>>To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com
>>Subject: Re: from the nation
>>
>>Thomas Seay wrote:
>>

>>>Is this the article that the Reverend Lou Proyect
>>>attacked as sectarian?
>>
>>Yes. And "objectively counter-revolutionary."
>>
>>Doug

-- Chuck0

------------------------------------------------------------ Personal homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/

AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)