New Member, Long Time Observer And Supporter

Anthony Kennerson maroondog244 at lycos.com
Tue Oct 15 10:17:39 PDT 2002

I just recetly joined this list this morning, but I have been a viewer and supporter of progressive politics and Left politics for much of my life.

Although I am not an academic or an full-time activist -- in fact, my current job is as a cashier with a well-known retail chain -- I have followed the many twists and turns of cultural, economic, and social debate among various segments of the Left for some time now. I hope that I can bring my own perspective as a working-class African American progressive to this list....if you all would allow me, that is.

My own particular interest is in the field of sexuality and sexual liberation; especially in the often complicated and controversial relationship between Left/progressive politics and sexual expression. (I should also note for disclosure sake that I am a major supporter of the "sex-positive" radical viewpoint in matters of human relations; and I generally oppose the tedencies of some leftists to promote censorship of sexual material.) My main goal is to reclaim and reintegrate the ideals of sexual liberation within the radical project of equality of race/gender/ecology/economics/etc.

I hope to be a frequent contributor to this list, and to hopefully bring a unique insight into the ongoing debate.

Once again, thank you for accepting me in, and thanks to Doug for having this list....and for his timeless activism for the truth.

:-)

Anthony Kennerson Lafayette, LA

____________________________________________________________ Watch a championship game with Elway or McGwire. Enter Now at http://champions.lycos.com