from the nation

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Oct 15 18:22:28 PDT 2002

At 8:49 PM -0400 10/15/02, Nathan Newman wrote:
>And for that reason, subordinating serious political discussion in
>order to make a particular rally a "success" is the last thing I
>think makes sense. I happen to be in DC that weekend and will go
>down to the rally, but if anyone else spends the day knocking on
>neighbors' doors to discuss the idiocy of this war, their time will
>have been better spent than me.

We can safely say that the war against Iraq must be _really_ unpopular if Chuck0 and Nathan are going out to the ANSWER anti-war march (cross-endorsed by NION). ;->

David McReynolds's not stopping you two from criticizing WW and RCP all you want, or going door to door, or whatever; he's simply saying that it's worth getting people out to DC on Oct. 26, no more, no less.

At 8:49 PM -0400 10/15/02, Nathan Newman wrote:
>the longterm context

You aren't the only person who has "the longterm context" in mind. I'm sure different activists have different long-term goals in their minds and working toward them, as well as they can manage under the circumstances. -- Yoshie