Towards a More Sex-Positive -- And More Relevant -- Left

Anthony Kennerson maroondog244 at lycos.com
Tue Oct 15 20:32:40 PDT 2002

Gee...I can actually use words like "cock" and "pussy" and "fucking" on this list??? NICE!!! (Don't worry, Doug....I'll use proper restraint.) ;-)

Anyways....to Luke: Yes, it does seem is if anti-sex leftists are few and far between, mostly due to the fact that they are dwarfed by the sound and fury of the Right; however, that doesen't necessarily mean that pro-sex thoughts are clearly being articulated. And I'm not just talking about queer theorists or radical sexologists, either; the next person on the Left that's willing to talk openly and honestly about their sexual fantasies -- let alone approve of others speaking out on theirs -- or actually admitting to having masturbated to a erotic movie or even having a wet dream will be the first. It's almost as if our activists are afraid if they admit to even having erections (or wet panties) over the sight of people enjoying sex, their politically correct fantasy utopian worlds would collapse upon them.

Thomas: I can cede to you your thoughts on the Left's lack of faith with biology; however, I think that the real issue here is simply ignorance about the physiology of sex, along with the refusal to learn about their own individual fantasies, for fear that they would upset their utopian ideals. And it's not just heteros, either; in fact, some of the worst "leftist" Puritans just so happen to be outed lesbians (read, Andrea Dworkin, Sally Gearhart, Mary Daly) and or conservative gay men (read, Michaelangelo Signorele).

Incidently....when I gave out my inspirations for my development as a sex radical and a progressive, I left out one particular sexy mentor which I would be criminally insane to leave out: namely softcore actress/adult model/Internet webmistress Shauna O'Brien (January 1992 Penthouse Pet, star of the Showtime late-night adult series "Lady Chatterley's Stories", all around progressive sex gooddess). I'm not sure that Shauna is that much of a leftist, or even that political (since she keeps her politics generally to herself; nevertheless, she has been an invaluable resource in my development as an erotica fan. (And her Lady Chatterley character has been a generator of many of my wettest dreams as well.) ;-)

Hey, nothing wrong with using your left hand...sometimes you take your pleasures where you can get them.

Anthony

--

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002 19:50:23