FW: Oct 26: An Absurd Response to an Absurd War

Liza Featherstone lfeather32 at erols.com
Wed Oct 16 17:16:19 PDT 2002

---------- From: "L.A. Kauffman" <lesliek at erols.com> Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 20:21:51 -0400 To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;> Subject: Oct 26: An Absurd Response to an Absurd War

PLEASE FORWARD FAR & WIDE >>>

ABSURD RESPONSE Invites YOU to a

PARTY FOR PERMA-WAR October 26TH in Washington D.C.

WHAT: A festively ironic, theatrical feeder march to join up with the large anti-war rally/march next weekend in DC (read below for details)

WHERE: Assemble at the LARGE PHALLUS (Washington Monument ) in Washington DC.
>From there we'll join up with the main march at the
Vietnam Memorial.

WHEN: Gather at 11:00am the morning of October 26.

***bus tix from NYC available at http://www.nysaynotowar.org ***

Calling all Jugglers, Fire Eaters, Freaks, Anarchist Clowns, Radical Cheerleaders, Billionaire's for Bush's War, Drummers, Drag Queens, Church Ladies for Choice, Radical Rockettes, Gospel Singers, Musicians, Chicks and Pricks for Perma-War, Puppetistas, Babes for Bombs, Students for An Undemocratic Society, Church of Stop Bombers, Reclaimers of Streets, New Kids on the Black Bloc, and anybody and everybody who thinks that this war is absurd:

In the tradition of the first Absurdists, who wrote and performed and drew and danced in response to the horror and devastation of World War, we will create our own Theater of the Absurd in response to our Idiot Boy King's relentless drive to pitch the world into a state of permanent warfare.

WHAT YOU CAN DO: Wear costumes, bring INSTRUMENTS and NOISEMAKERS of all kinds, bring posters and banners (sample slogans below). Be prepared to mock the Axis of Oil without mercy.

SLOGAN IDEAS: -Regime Change Begins At Home -OBEY -All Hail The Idiot Boy King -Attack to Defend -Wag the Dog -We Have Always Been At War With Oceania -ExxonMobil (or whatever) Flag over the legend: "Try Burning This One, Asshole!" or "These Colors Don't Run!" -Free the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse -God Hates Peace -Jail the Trees -Peace is Terrorism -Bomb Harder -Make War Not Love -No Justice! No Peace, Either! -Before We Build New Weapons of Mass Destruction, Let's Get Some Use Out of the Ones We Already Have -Bring Back McCarthyism -Tell Us (US?) What to Think -Bush is a Wimp/Cheney is a Pussy -War IS Globalization -More Bush Family Vendettas (Dukakis: You're Next!) (or Noriega, Perot, Buchanan, Clinton, Gore) -We Want Gulf War III - Starring Jenna Bush! -Annex Mexico -We (heart) Halliburton, Harken, Enron, ExxonMobil, Royal Dutch Shell, McDonnell Douglas, Boeing, Microsoft, etc. -God Bless (same as above) -Pre-empt Germany, France, Democracy, The UN, Congress, The Constitution

*Because we can't "Endure" another "Operation" for "Freedom" or "Democracy" or any other Noble-Idea-Twisted-Into-Orwellian-Knots-War.

*Because everyone from James Baker III to Nelson Mandela to CIA director George Tenet thinks this is dumb.

*Because every time Bush opens his mouth it sounds like he's playing Dungeons and Dragons.

PLEASE REPOST WIDELY!