call centers

s-t-t at juno.com s-t-t at juno.com
Wed Oct 16 19:24:12 PDT 2002

John K. Taber writes:

> I'm very grateful for the post on call centers. I will pass it
> on to my daughter who works in one.

Oh dear, my condolences. I don't hold it against anyone for working in them. The pay can beat many of other jobs available to those of us without a degree.

> I don't want to say too much for fear of getting her in trouble,
> and she needs the job, but I guarantee this list that her call
> center work is terrible, and it most likely isn't the worst. It
> tears me apart to see her go through this every day, and hold my
> tongue. Me mouthing off would only make matters worse.

Well, if there's an upside to it all, it does serve as a boot camp for bullshit resistance. Sorta like the military does for other folks.

-- Shane