Democratic Left_ list (UFT)

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Thu Oct 17 08:16:54 PDT 2002

Good point. Nathan's argument works just as well for an IBT partisan to justify their behavior. Pragmatism can be a bitch.

mbs

Hoffa has one single goal that he thinks about from the moment he wakes up to when he shuts off the lights at night: getting the Administration to remove the federal oversight over the union's affairs. Hoffa has cultivated a number of GOP operatives (like the arch-slug Hoekstra, from western Michigan) in pursuit of that goal and therefore, in a narrow and self-serving way, being one of the labor whores for Bush makes crystal clear sense.

As for the Carpenters? Don't have any insight into that one.

Alan Jacobson Detroit