Towards a More Sex-Positive...Left

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Fri Oct 18 13:39:12 PDT 2002

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002 at 4:15pm Todd Archer wrote:

> K quoted
>
> >>One of the more absurd theories is a thesis of radical American >>feminist
> >>Andrea Dworkin that sex between a man and a woman is always >>rapist in
> >>nature, because woman is always in a subjugated position in >>the society
> >>- economically, politically, physically.
>
> >This is an endlessly recycled canard.
>
> >http://www.igc.apc.org/Womensnet/dworkin/LieDetector.html
>
> Thanks, K, that's the one I was thinking of.

Yeah, that's the one I figured was gonna be trotted out. Really cool site, man. I remember it from years ago when I actually argued over this porn shit with Jensen on another list. Personally, I give lots of cred to a site that accuses the ACLU of defending child sexual abuse. Right.

As to Jensen's Counterpuch article, I find it completely over the top. I find his characterization of the way in which males talk about sex and women to be cartoonish, at best. Even when I was in high school, I encountered very little of this sort of shit, although I know it'sfashionable to claim it is ubiquitous.

-- no Onan