postings to radio archive

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Oct 19 14:13:51 PDT 2002

Freshly posted to my radio archive <http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com/Radio.html>:

Interviews from October 17, 2002 marathon special, The World According to W. Broadcast as a two-hour special, part of WBAI's fundraising marathon, a third of the show was taken up by begging for money, something web listeners wouldn't want to endure. So I've posted only the interviews with:

TARIQ ALI and NOAM CHOMSKY, who (in separate interviews) put the impending war on Iraq in historical and strategic context - what Bush is after, how it relates to long-standing U.S. policies, relations between the U.S. and its allies, and what might be next on the agenda. ALI also talks about the gains by religious parties in the Pakistani elections, and CHOMSKY talks about the reasonably good prospects for an antiwar movement in a country that's "incomparably more civilized" than it was 40 years ago. CYNTHIA ENLOE offers a feminist analysis of the militarization of our society - what its symptoms are, how sometimes people out of uniform are more militarized than those wearing it, and ways to demobilize our minds and our culture.

You have several options to listen - streaming or downloadable, hi-fi or lo, individual interviews or the whole set.

Also just posted, the October 3 show, in which former HMO top doc Linda Peeno talks about denying care to the sick to maximize profit.

Doug