Criticism on the Left

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Oct 20 09:36:13 PDT 2002

I am forwarding this post from the psn (progressive sociologists) list for the sake of its fourth paragraph, which describes succinctly one kind of unprincipled political polemics. Incidentally, the post Paul Stevenson is responding to was a statement issued by the The International Bureau for the Revolutionary Party -- of which I have no knowledge, but whatever its virtues or faults may be, it would clearly be categorized by many on this list as "sectarian" and probably stalinist. However that may be, I agree with Stevenson's criticism of the statement he quotes from their statment.

Carrol -------