Human Rights Watch on Kurds (Corrected)

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Mon Oct 21 11:53:41 PDT 2002

> Much more than tens of thousands of landmines left
> by the fSU in Afghanistan. (A previous post, "Re:
> Afghan War Dead, " from Sun, 15 Sep 2002 09:10:58
> -0700)
> 1.5 million killed during the Soviet-Afghan War
> from '79 -'89 according to Ahmed Rashid in his
> book on the Taliban. Larry Goodson in, "Afghanistan's
> Endless War, " says nearly 2 million. Plus the
> Soviets laid down nearly 30 million landmines,
> unmarked and unmapped.

> Michael Pugliese

Thank you, Michael. I erred on the conservative side. But no matter: tens of thousands or 30 million, the likes of Yoshie could care less since it was the beloved Soviets who did this. Jesus, can you imagine the outcry if Bush was responsible for the above numbers? The crocodile tears reserved for a bombed wedding party would fill several Olympic-sized pools.

DP