[Fwd: [sixties-l] Pentagon march]

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Oct 21 13:16:27 PDT 2002

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: [sixties-l] Pentagon march Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 09:33:06 -0400 From: Jo Freeman <jfrbc at cunyvm.cuny.edu> Reply-To: sixties-l at lists.village.virginia.edu To: SNCC <sncc at honors.olemiss.edu>,Sixties <sixties-l at lists.village.virginia.edu>

Thirty five years ago, on October 21, 1967, 70,000 demonstrators came to Washington, D.C. to "Confront the War Makers". Some tried to "Levitate the Pentagon" in hopes that would make the war in Vietnam go away. This march marked the transformation of the anti-War movement from protest to resistance.

As we contemplate the probable beginning of another war, we should remind ourselves of all the demonstrations required to end the last one, all the people who died while we were trying to do so.

To commemorate the event, I've posted a set of photos on the the Pentagon march at http://www.jofreeman.com/photos/Pentagon67.html

Please pass this on to anyone who might be interested.

Jo http://www.JoFreeman.com http://www.seniorwomen.com/authorpageFreeman.html