the anti sex left

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Tue Oct 22 07:10:51 PDT 2002

> In my line of business, and given my social circle, I am often invited to
> strip clubs. I never go. Mainly because
>
> a) the darling Tess would leave me and
> b) I do kind of think that there's something ethically dodgy about it . . .
>
> Although I personally think it's a pretty fucked-up way to spend an
> evening, one does get those nihilistic days when you can sort of see the
> appeal of hanging around in a darkened boozer with a few mates, watching a
> woman ten years younger than myself crawl around in order to ask for a ten
> pound note in exchange for a view of her labia. Therefore, having some
> sort of sincere-sounding argument from leftwing or feminist principles to
> the effect that this was a perfectly fine and even slightly radical thing
> to do would be most useful to me. It would have to be pretty logically
> watertight to convince the dear girl (in fact, I don't really see myself
> wanting to test out any such argument in a live combat situation). But I'm
> willing to be convinced.
>
> So, come on, pro-sex left, I'm a potential convert here. Why is it that
> there's nothing wrong with my spending my evenings in strip clubs?
>
> cheers and overpriced beers
>
> dd

Strip clubs are a complete waste of time and money. My uncle used to run a tit bar when I was just coming of age, and I would hang out with the strippers off stage. They were, to a woman, disgusted by the men who threw money at them, saw the patrons as losers, mommy boys, small dick morons. But they'd make show for the dough, and they did clean up. As one absolutely gorgeous ebony goddess said to me, "Beats servin' food."

I didn't enter a strip club again until my 30s, when a friend of mine (no longer one) wanted to show off the little harem he'd assembled. He'd paid a number of the strippers to join him and his wife at a pricey hotel for all-night romps, which were photographed and I believed videotaped. When we entered, it was like Dustin Hoffman entering the hotel lobby in "The Graduate" after he's become a regular there sleeping with Mrs. Robinson. Nothing but "Hi" and "Hello" all the way to his table in the back, where a couple of scantily clad girls began massaging our necks. I wanted to tell mine that I had maybe 5 bucks on me (I didn't make nearly as much as my friend, who was into 6 figures), and that I wouldn't be showering her with money -- but hey, free massage.

DP -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20021022/eed1bf8f/attachment.htm>