the anti sex left

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Oct 22 10:07:36 PDT 2002

At 10:42 AM -0700 10/22/02, Daniel Davies wrote:
>Or to put it another way; the chief function of "sex positive" feminists in
>contemporary London appears to be to write favourable articles in the local
>press whenever there's a planning dispute about opening up yet another
>strip club at the end of my street. What's the line of political reasoning
>which I've missed when I get crabby about this?

If your report is accurate, "sex positive" feminists in contemporary London must prefer a free market to regulated oligopoly. As a free market puts downward pressures on prices of sexual commodities that have hitherto been made artificially high by regulated oligopoly _and prudishness_, "sex positive" feminists are unwittingly making efforts to cheapen the labor of (probably predominantly female) sex workers to the benefit of (probably predominantly male) customers. -- Yoshie