Strip Clubs

Dddddd0814 at aol.com Dddddd0814 at aol.com
Tue Oct 22 14:50:58 PDT 2002

"There are at the moment NO communally owned strip clubs. However, there is one club -- "The Lusty Lady" in San Francisco, I believe, which has a fully certified union that represents the strippers financial and personal interests. It would be very much impossible given the transient nature of the stripping business and the volume of cash involved for traditional union organization to take place within the overall sex industry, but that doesn't mean that attempts haven't been made. I actually think that communally owned strip clubs would be a major improvement over the current affairs; but first there has to be a major decriminalization and legitimation of the industry."

Yeah, I have a friend of a friend who works there. Supposedly she finds it less exploitative..... Of course everything is more or less exploitative in a capitalist system, and all wage workers essentially are prostituting themselves for their labor.

Collectivization and cooperatives are often proposed by folks as a way to mitigate the hostility work places. But, the fact is that in a capitalist system work is work, and commodities are commodities, and collectivization in and of itself is not revolutionary.

-- David