(no subject)

Dddddd0814 at aol.com Dddddd0814 at aol.com
Wed Oct 23 14:05:23 PDT 2002

DP: No, and I don't think you can compare Noriega to Milosevic. Not even close.

David: Right, because Noriega received training from the U.S., while Milosevic bit the hand that fed him. Someone's clearly got a case of "our-bastard-itis".... So, speaking of comparisons, how does Milosevic compare to the KLA, Dennis? And what do you make of the latters' drug-running operations with Al Qaeda?

DP: No. My beef with Chomsky had to do with his deplorable behavior after 9/11, when, suddenly, the murder of thousands didn't stir him to anger, only to dry and desperate topic shifting.

David: "Deplorable behavior"??? What the fuck is this, Miss Manners????? Now Dennis seems to think that there's a correct way to behave and not behave in relation to "national tragedies" that he'd like to force on everyone else. If only Chomsky had been stirred to righteous patriotic anger, the way he should have, like everyone else. I guess if folks fail to live up to Dennis's uber-morality on the level of enforced national mourning, they'll have to wake up the next morning to an egocentric lecture on how they're not bereaving the fatherland enough. Who's shed more tears? Who's flagpole is longer?

National sentiment and media-prescribed reactions to news events are simply conniving tricks and propaganda to justify the 8 million innocents killed by the U.S. military since WWII.... Mourning is an individual and community-based activity, not a state-sponsored holiday! And any psychologist will tell you that there is a huge variety of ways that one can deal with the loss of a loved one.

All of the commercialized Cheeto mourning for September 11th is nothing but crocodile tears in the context of the tens of thousands of deaths that occur daily inside and outside this country as a result of imperialist policies. Liberal, Christian-guilt crocodile tears. Don't make crypto-political beefage out of the losses of individuals who suffered that day and continue to suffer!

What does Dennis make of the 30,000 people that died on Sept. 11, *2002*?

Sorry, Dennis, but I don't rely on George Bush, Jr. to tell me how "angry" I'm supposed to feel, and how I'm supposed to express it publicly....

Sheesh, David