(no subject)

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 23 15:20:13 PDT 2002

--- Dddddd0814 at aol.com wrote: <<David:

"Deplorable behavior"??? What the fuck is this, Miss Manners????? Now Dennis seems to think that there's a correct way to behave and not behave in relation to "national tragedies" that he'd like to force on everyone

else. >>

Well, I am not taking sides on Chomsky, however I would say that this tactic of "shifting topics" is a cheap tactic that some on the Left use to evade criticism.

We have perfect examples of this cheap rhetorical trick on this board. If you criticize North Korea, Iraq or the Taliban, Yoshie will not respond to your criticism, she will cite an instance where the US has done the same or worse. It's not that the instance that she cites is wrong, but she uses it as a decoy to deflect criticism of her darling regimes.

Likewise, if you criticize Answer, she will not respond whether your criticism is right or wrong, she will simply accuse you of being sectarian.

-Thomas

===== "A question is always the desire to know, and to preserve simple human truths, we need secrets. The secrets of happiness, death, love."