Raimondo Does MoJo

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Thu Oct 24 07:38:37 PDT 2002

My fav Buchananite queer talking to the MoJo libs --

"These incursions on the rights of Americans are resented all across the political spectrum. From Rep. Ron Paul, who represents a solidly Republican district of conservative farmers in East Texas, to Senator Paul Wellstone, the great left-lib hope of the Democratic party, and all points in between, the elements of a broad antiwar coalition exist. But the organized antiwar movement seems uninterested in mobilizing that coalition. Instead of focusing on what Paul and Wellstone have in common, they distract themselves and us by muddying the message with leftist posturing.

"The antiwar movement must have a coherent analysis of this war that goes beyond the leftist bromides and timeworn shibboleths of the Old Left. There are tens of thousands of conservatives and libertarians who oppose this war, but would never think of becoming active in the movement as presently constituted. Why oh why, they wonder, do we have to have so many patently unrelated issues (such as the incarceration of convicted murderer Mumia Abu Jamal) thrown in our faces at each and every antiwar rally? And what's up with every Trotskyoid sect with two dozen members dominating the list of speakers, while antiwar activists of the Right and Center are completely ignored?"

http://www.motherjones.com/commentary/columns/2002/43/we_177_01.html

DP