Bond math

Chris Beggy news at kippona.com
Fri Oct 25 13:46:18 PDT 2002

John Mage <jmage at panix.com> writes:

> Just to give some idea of how long this history is, I'll paste in
> below some quotations from (originally the London Investors Manual
> 1881-1886) the 1888 American Almanac (I am not good at sending tables
> in text, so excuse poor margins, alignment etc) .

Fascinating! Who added the comments like, "Interest being collected by an army of occupation, good as gold."

An aside, I thought it was the Peruvian Guano Revenue Bonds which failed and then *almost* sunk Barings, which survived until Nick Leeson did the deed with Nikkei index futures in 1994.

Chris