FW: Greenspan's UNCONSTITUTIONAL Knighthood

Sun Oct 27 17:28:53 PST 2002

I pulled this off another discussion forum. Doug, any merit to this point?

****

There is an interesting line in this section of the constitution: "No title of nobility shall be granted by the United States: and no person holding any office of profit or trust under them, shall, without the consent of the Congress, accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any king, prince, or foreign state." ...yet approximately one month ago Alan Greenspan was knighted in England. I'd like to send a "God save the queen" along with a "God save your ethnicity" to all our British posters out there, but at the same time, it would be nice if the unelected federal kingmakers of our county paid a little attention to the Constitution every once and awhile. SE