Anderson abridged (was Re: Anderson weighs in)

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Mon Oct 28 19:22:13 PST 2002

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, Doug Henwood wrote:

> s-t-t at juno.com wrote:
>
> >Shane summarizing Anderson
>
> Thanks. Two questions: 1) why do you like poring over him so?, and 2)
> did he really need 10,000 words to make those unremarkable
> observations? The gloom and windbaggery seem like two symptoms of one
> underlying pathology of mandarin detachment.
>
> Doug

Doug, you've been out of school for a while now, haven't you? Perhaps I'm getting a bit cynical about my profession, but isn't this the typical of the windbaggery that Academic Stars produce? The university is fertile ground for nurturing this pathology of detachment.

Maybe I should quit my job and start a bike co-op...

Miles