Antiwar Protest Largest Since '60s

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Mon Oct 28 20:59:18 PST 2002

> The Post reported the only interesting thing about the rally, namely the
> numbers who showed up. Other than that, the speeches were mind-numbingly
> boring.
>
> Nathan Newman

I've heard from and read about many people who share Nathan's take. So may I ask: What's this in aid of? Stopping a war that cannot be stopped? Indulging a group of political creeps who probably fantasize that they're addressing the masses in Beijing, Belgrade and Baghdad? Going through the lefty motions ("Hey! Let's put on a demo in DC! That'll rock the warmongers!")?

DP