Antiwar Protest Largest Since '60s

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue Oct 29 08:50:40 PST 2002

Nathan Newman wrote:
> [...]

If the point of doing a huge demonstration in Washington is to get media attention, why do people keep organizing events that we know won't get much media attention? I haven't pulled out my copy of the Post that covered the April protests, but I think that got far better coverage thatn this weekend's events. Do these out of town organizers understand that they are competing with historical large rallies when they organize this type of protest? Like the Million Man March or the Promise Keepers rally.

Chuck0

------------------------------------------------------------ Personal homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/

AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)