appeal

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Tue Oct 29 18:07:58 PST 2002

In fact, contributions can be made by credit card through our web-site, Doug -- <www.carlforcongress.org>. And checks are equally welcome, even in the last week. We've borrowed substantially to get the last week's ads up, and indeed the campaign has out-spent the Democrats' (token) effort -- although we haven't approached the $1.7 million the first-term Republican incumbent spent for the seat two years ago. But then, of course, we haven't been spending corporate PAC money.

Examples of the (I think quite clever) ads we've been putting on cable channels can be seen at the web-site, too; the radio ads are also there.

Regards, CGE